Where do I start today?
There are so many mornings where I don’t know where or how to start. How do I hit refresh? How do I start over? How do I do right today? How can I make peace, encourage, and lift up my family today? (Because yesterday, I may have let stress, discontentment, and sinful emotions upset us. Ouch, we are so human.)
It seems the answer always starts with thanks offerings. What can I be grateful for? How can I see the cup as half full today? How can I pick out the good and beauty today, instead of letting the less-than-perfects and the stresses overwhelm. When the list is done, I will realize the cup isn’t half full, it’s quite overflowing.
It’s humbling, but sometimes we just need to head back to the basics, and that’s okay. That’s where we need to start.
My thanks offerings for the day:
1. Friends who are willing to share their gifts and teach.
2. A forgiving and patient husband.
3. The joy, joy, joy of children.
4. The lost little ones who will join us in heaven someday.
5. The knowledge that God is GOOD in THIS life.
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. | Palms 27:13
6. New mercies each morning; oh how we need them!
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. | Lam 3:22-23
7. Family that invests in us.
8. Music that moves and inspires.
9. Long summer days.
10. Hospitality of friends that feel more like family.
Yes, the cup is quite overflowing indeed. We just need start over at thank you to have eyes to see.
I pray you see the overflow today.